Made another fantastic meal and I scrapped, AGAIN!!!
I tried another recipe tonight!!! Earlier today I was craving this fantastic dish from Carino's called Jalapeno Garlic Tilapia then got a bright idea. I decided to google to see if I could find the dish. This has become one of my favorite dishes from this restaurant and everytime I go, this is what I order. So, I found the recipe, printed it out, and headed to the grocery store (after I left the beauty shop, LOL!!!!) I came home and cooked it and it was fantastic!!! My children ate it very well. My neice was here this evening and she ate it too. So this one will definitely be placed in the archives. Here is the recipe:
JALAPENO GARLIC TILAPIA
(2) 4 Oz. Tilapia Filets 1/2 Cup White Flour 2 Oz. Melted Margarine 1 Tsp. Chopped Garlic 1/4 Cup Diced Jalapenos 1 Cup Chopped De-Stemmed Spinach 1 Pinch Salt, Pepper, Garlic Salt 4 Oz. Heavy Cream 1/4 Cup Lemon Butter 5 Oz. Angel Hair Pasta 1 Tsp. Fresh Parsley 1/8 Cup Diced Roma Tomatoes
Dredge the tilapia filets in the flour, and add them with the melted margarine and garlic to a medium temperature saute pan. Once the tilapia has finished cooking on one side, flip them over and add the jalapenos, spinach, salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Prepare the angel hair in boiling water, and allow it to cook for 3 to 4 minutes depending on the temperature of the water. As the filets begin to flake, add the heavy cream, and bring it to a slight boil. Once the cream begins to boil, remove the pan from the fire and reduce the lemon butter into the sauce. Place the pasta in a bowl, and pour the fish with the sauce over the pasta. Garnish with fresh roma tomatoes and parsley.
I'm sure that you see a pattern here with my recipes. I just love pasta even though it doesn't love me!!!! LOL!!!
Well, I received some more news today and I know that some of you are wondering what it is, but in due time. Please be patient with me as I am having a difficult time trying to keep it to myself. I can't wait to share my news!!!!
I also scrapped today and I just love how this turned out!!! In the world of scrapping I think that I am a minority in the fact that I truly am not a 1 or 2 pic scrapper. I never have been. I like to try to get as many pics on the page as possible. I do scrap one or two photos occasionally, but I prefer to do I am having difficulty finding inspiration because many of the mags and websites show LOs that do not have multiple photos, so I have had to break out Becky Higgin's Sketches. However, the LO is my own design. This is a LO of my DD during her first dental visit last month. What a fun and special day that was I tried to depict the fun through the colors chosen and the specialness (is that a word????) of it with my journaling.

Now, I guess I'll go to bed. Night all or should I say morning?????
JALAPENO GARLIC TILAPIA
(2) 4 Oz. Tilapia Filets 1/2 Cup White Flour 2 Oz. Melted Margarine 1 Tsp. Chopped Garlic 1/4 Cup Diced Jalapenos 1 Cup Chopped De-Stemmed Spinach 1 Pinch Salt, Pepper, Garlic Salt 4 Oz. Heavy Cream 1/4 Cup Lemon Butter 5 Oz. Angel Hair Pasta 1 Tsp. Fresh Parsley 1/8 Cup Diced Roma Tomatoes
Dredge the tilapia filets in the flour, and add them with the melted margarine and garlic to a medium temperature saute pan. Once the tilapia has finished cooking on one side, flip them over and add the jalapenos, spinach, salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Prepare the angel hair in boiling water, and allow it to cook for 3 to 4 minutes depending on the temperature of the water. As the filets begin to flake, add the heavy cream, and bring it to a slight boil. Once the cream begins to boil, remove the pan from the fire and reduce the lemon butter into the sauce. Place the pasta in a bowl, and pour the fish with the sauce over the pasta. Garnish with fresh roma tomatoes and parsley.
I'm sure that you see a pattern here with my recipes. I just love pasta even though it doesn't love me!!!! LOL!!!
Well, I received some more news today and I know that some of you are wondering what it is, but in due time. Please be patient with me as I am having a difficult time trying to keep it to myself. I can't wait to share my news!!!!
I also scrapped today and I just love how this turned out!!! In the world of scrapping I think that I am a minority in the fact that I truly am not a 1 or 2 pic scrapper. I never have been. I like to try to get as many pics on the page as possible. I do scrap one or two photos occasionally, but I prefer to do I am having difficulty finding inspiration because many of the mags and websites show LOs that do not have multiple photos, so I have had to break out Becky Higgin's Sketches. However, the LO is my own design. This is a LO of my DD during her first dental visit last month. What a fun and special day that was I tried to depict the fun through the colors chosen and the specialness (is that a word????) of it with my journaling.

Now, I guess I'll go to bed. Night all or should I say morning?????

4 Comments:
mutiple photos, girl look at you, lol, this layout is great I really like it
Girl I love the LO. You are making me want to try using more photos!!!!
That LO is too cute. I have yet to do my DD's first dentist visit. Now that you've done yours, I guess I'd better get on it :-). But yours is VERY cute, great job.
Thanks for sharing your recipes & bits of your life.
That layout is fantastic and you did depict a lot through the colors.
But I have one question...it says you posted the entry on your blog at 1:50AM....is that really the only time that a working, cooking mother gets to scrap and blog??? Now I know why I never have time to scrap!! LOL I'm usually counting sheep by 9PM!! LOL
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home