Monday, June 12, 2006

Word for the day . . . .


Yes, you read it correctly, simplify!!! I found this really neat sign at HL tonight and just had to have it. I am going to hang it somewhere in my scraproom because that is exactly what I am doing right now. I am simplifying my life starting with my scrap room. I have managed to pack so much crap in this room that it has become unbearable for me. I am so not a pack rat so the fact that I am hoarding so much stuff and storage containers is just beyond me. So having said that "PROJECT SCRAPROOM REORGANIZATION" is underway. I have already gotten rid of some stuff and I feel like I can breathe much easier. My only regret is that I didn't take a picture of how the whole room looked before hand. Let me just share with you a few of the things that I have done.


This is the container that once held my many floral stems that I purchased from Mikes, HL, Wally World, Dollar Tree, and who knows where else. I decided to pull them off of the stems and store the larger ones like this:


The smaller ones that were pulled off the stems were stored in Prima glass milk bottles that I was able to get from the LSS where I am a DT member. The first four bottles are the ones I pulled from stems, the remaining bottles are actually Prima flowers. I just love those things!!!!


Now here is what I am most proud of at the moment. I stored my ribbon in three large flat boxes that I got from one of my cropping buddies (thanks, Janice) who works at a bank. They were great for my ribbon, but took up too much space. Since we got new bedroom furniture for the kids, I took dd's old chest and I now use it in my scraproom. One of the drawers holds all of my ribbon perfectly!!!! Bye, bye cardboard boxes!!!! This first picture shows baskets that hold my American Crafts ribbon, ric rac, and other ribbon that came wrapped around cardboard. There is more ribbon under the baksets . . .


As you see in the picture below.


So as you can see I have been hard at work in my scraproom. I'm still trying to find a place for everything. You won't believe the amount of things that I have bought and just stashed somewhere. That will definitely be a task and I will post pics, too. I am now organizing my pictures. Let me leave you with my work in
progress . . .


. . .and that entire red basket is full of pics that need to be taken out of those dangblasted envelopes and placed in my CH photo organizer. Sheesh, maybe I should have bought two. Oh, and don't worry that film that you see has been developed. LOL!!!!

Back to work!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

OOOOOOOOOK! You have been working hard girl! LOL Keep up the good work! LOL

6:40 AM  
Blogger Dawn Bibbs said...

My goodness...You've been BUSY!!! Good for you. I need to clean my scrap area too. But that's the problem...it's an AREA not a ROOM! I want a room!!!
But you did a great job. You have TONS of ribbon, don't you?
Thanks for sharing.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Trina said...

Your organizing looks great! love how you have your ribbon done! I feel more productive when my stuff is in order...

6:07 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Can you please come to my house and organize my things!?

3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home