Reflections
As I sit here, on the eve of my third graduation, I can't help but to think about all that I have overcome in order to reach this point. Yes, this is my third time graduating, but none of the others can compare to this one. This is my first time graduating as a wife, a daughter-in-law, a sister-in-law, a mother, and a teacher. I'm sure there are other titles that I could list, but this will do for now.
I know that none of this would be possible without The Lord. He has shown me over the past few years that I possess a strength that I had no idea I had and He has given me the determination to make it through all that I have. He has provided me with such a loving and close knit family who has definitely supported me and did a lot of babysitting so that I could accomplish this goal. :-) And my hubby, well, words cannot express how wonderful he has been through this journey. I truly love this man!!!!!
Being in graduate school has truly been a journey. It has been a time of rediscovery. After getting married and starting a family, I sort of lost myself. I just became so wrapped up in my family that I started to neglect Tiffany and I lost a part of myself. I had always planned to go to grad school, but kept putting it off and off and well finally decided to just do it. I am one of those people that likes to think things through and that is exactly what I tried to do with my decision of going to school, but after so much thought I grew tired and just decided to do it. I am so glad I did.
I am so excited about tomorrow. I took off from work today because I had to attend a graduation meeting this morning. I got emotional when I saw the setup. I even teared up when we marched in, but I fought back the tears. I know that I am just going to lose it tomorrow morning especially when I see my family.
This graduation is so much more than just getting a masters degree, it is a celebration of what I found along the way that is so much more valuable than any diploma or degree. It is the celebration of finding (well, rediscovering) ME!!!!!
I know that none of this would be possible without The Lord. He has shown me over the past few years that I possess a strength that I had no idea I had and He has given me the determination to make it through all that I have. He has provided me with such a loving and close knit family who has definitely supported me and did a lot of babysitting so that I could accomplish this goal. :-) And my hubby, well, words cannot express how wonderful he has been through this journey. I truly love this man!!!!!
Being in graduate school has truly been a journey. It has been a time of rediscovery. After getting married and starting a family, I sort of lost myself. I just became so wrapped up in my family that I started to neglect Tiffany and I lost a part of myself. I had always planned to go to grad school, but kept putting it off and off and well finally decided to just do it. I am one of those people that likes to think things through and that is exactly what I tried to do with my decision of going to school, but after so much thought I grew tired and just decided to do it. I am so glad I did.
I am so excited about tomorrow. I took off from work today because I had to attend a graduation meeting this morning. I got emotional when I saw the setup. I even teared up when we marched in, but I fought back the tears. I know that I am just going to lose it tomorrow morning especially when I see my family.
This graduation is so much more than just getting a masters degree, it is a celebration of what I found along the way that is so much more valuable than any diploma or degree. It is the celebration of finding (well, rediscovering) ME!!!!!

6 Comments:
What a fantastic entry. And I SO understand about loosing yourself. I am so proud of you Tiffany!!!! I hope today is a BEAUTIFUL day for you!! Enjoy your success!
congrats girl, you worked sooo hard for it!
Tiffany, CONGRATULATIONS!!! What an amazing accomplishment!!! And congrats are also in order for finding YOU again! That' in itself is a huge task. I'm very proud of you. And I'm SURE you'll be successful in this next phase of your life.
Great entry!!!
You are defintely my inspiration. As you know I am just finishing my BA and I have been tossing around going right back but you are right, this is something I want to do for myself. I am going to take it one class at a time, but I am definitely going to continue my studies starting in January. This is purely a personal goal. So I applaud your accomplishments and hope to join you within the next 3-4 years.
Iam glad you finished and did something for you!!! Congratulations!!!
Congratulations! You did it! I hope your graduation was a memorable and wonderful experience.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home