Monday, August 14, 2006

Scrapbook Tools are for more than just scrapping!!!!!

I really enjoyed the weekend!!!! I was able to rest get some scrapping done and prepare for this presentation that I have to make tomorrow in front of all of the second grade teachers in my school district. I'm nervous and ready to get it over with!!!! Ever felt like that?????

Well, the weekend started off with a bang. Friday night we ordered pizza which is always fun because I don't have to cook!!!! It was a very relaxing evening for me. But Saturday morning was a totally different story. I braided my daughter's hair last weekend and put beads on it (per her request, and yes she is only 3). Well, guess who decided to put a bead up her nose Saturday morning and gave me a heart attack????? That's right, my 3-year old dd. I called my hubby who was at work and rushed home in record time. I was going to take her to the ER, but DH saw differently. He was concerned about the bill and I was concerned about our dd not being able to breathe. LOL!!!

He ran into the house like a surgeon wanting his tools!!! The only thing he didn't do was scrub up LOL!!!! He asked for a pair of tweezers and of course I couldn't find them. I had already looked for my eyebrow tweezers much to no avail. He immediately went to my scrap room and started looking for something to use. It was then that I remembered my MM sticker tweezers. I grabbed them and gave them to him (organization always pays off!!!!!) and with the precision of a person playing Operation (LOL!!!!) my dear sweet honey removed the bead from our daughter's nose. I was overjoyed!!!! I called my MIL, who I told to come on over, that Dh had removed the bead, but just as the phone started ringing, so did the doorbell. She came running in the house with tweezers in hand to save her poor, sweet, little grandbaby!!! I'm telling you it was a scene out of a movie or something. It's funny now, but it wasn't on Saturday. . .and here is a picture of the "poor, sweet, innocent child" (yeah, right) bead (and tweezers) in hand.


We also gave one of my Dh's cousins a back to school party. She will be leaving in the morning heading back to college. That was really fun!!!!! I have no pics, though. Can you believe it????

But, just as I started typing this , I noticed it was very quiet in the house. I peeked in on my dd. She wasn't in her bed, so I knew exactly where to look. . .this is what I found. . .














. . .and all is right with the world.

5 Comments:

Blogger Toya said...

lol,, yeap sb tool are multipurpose all riht, love the photo of your dd sleeping on your dh, how cute

1:10 AM  
Blogger Dawn Bibbs said...

How funny is that?!?!? A bead up the nose, doesn't get any better than that...for a 3 year old anyway...LOL. I'm glad all is well now. Gotta love those MM tweezers! Hope your presentation goes well today.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

ROFLOL!! Too funny, i did that when i was little, my mom just made me blow it out! LOL

11:29 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Those are the sweetest sleeping pictures I have ever seen!! TFS them :)

11:19 AM  
Blogger Trina said...

Super cute photos!!! Love it! What a cute (but scary too) story. Glad everything worked out ok.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home