Monday, August 20, 2007

I SURVIVED!!!!!!

This morning was not an easy one for me. I had to take my baby to school this morning...to pre-k. I started wailing this morning while I was ironing her clothes. Then a little bit more when I dressed her. She started to cry because she didn't understand why I was crying. So, I shut it off. The last thing I wanted was for her to be scared. I was okay until we pulled up at the school. Her dad (my dear sweet hubby), who originally said that he couldn't take it, met us at the school. I was crying so hard that my lips were shaking and I was breathing crazy. You know that cry...the one where you just cannot control it, you try, but it doesn't work. I mean the crying was so bad that I knew I was looking ugly. That cry!!!!

Well, she was excited. As soon as we walked in we saw the principal, whom I have known for years. I introduced her to my hubby and reintroduced her to Tabry. Tabry very politely spoke to her principal and I think she (the principal) just melted in that instant. We made our way to her classroom and as soon as we walked through the door Tabry just took off mingling and playing. She was no longer concerned about me or Daddy, but about playing with the other kids and the toys. Both of us were wiping away tears. We did manage to get a family picture just before leaving. She really didn't want to take it. She just wanted to play.

and here she is showing off her lunch box...the Dora lunchbox that I promised I would get her.

There are plenty of others, but I'll stop right there.

Now, how about some pics of my classroom... I worked all day Saturday to get it ready for today. As a reading specialist, I share a room with the other reading specialist in our building. It's fun only having to decorate 1/2 a room. I just love her!!!! We used to teach second grade together, so it has been a blast working with her again.





This is where I go everyday. I bet even if I didn't say exactly what I did, I;m sure all of the books that you saw would have given it away.

One more thing...got some great finds from Dollar Tree today thanks to someone on the CKMB.

The best thing about it is that they were only a dollar. I've paid at least $2 more for them at the lss. So run to your nearest DT if you can!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Awww, she is too cute!!!! Glad I'm not the only one that lost it! And those stickers are TOO cute!

9:18 PM  
Blogger Dawn Bibbs said...

Oh my goodness, not the "ugly" cry!! LOL Don't you just hate those? Your reasoning for not wanting to cry in front of your daughter was the same reason I didn't want to. I was SO glad that God kept me from crying...Jayla is VERY emotional and would've lost it had she seen me cry.

But I'm proud of you mom (and dad). LOVE the family picture...so sweet.

Your class room looks so fun! Thanks for sharing.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Miss Misi said...

She looks too adorable with her school gear. Glad you made it through...ugly cry and all, lol.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Nas said...

AWWWW she is too cute!! It is so hard that first day. We just finished nursery school and on Sept. 4th I will have to manage the first day of kindergarten SIGH.. It always helps when they are happy so I am glad she went in with no problem, congrats!

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home