Friday, January 20, 2006

*******GASP********

. . .the sound I made when I turned on my computer and got a message saying that "the operating system could not be located on any devices." What tha - - - -???? What in the world is going on?? I turned the computer off and back on again only to receive the same message. My heart dropped. I immediately thought about the articles that I had read in Creating Keepsakes about having backup copies of your photos just in case your computer crashes. I also thought back to when I bought all of those CDs so that I can burn my pics to them.

Well, that has been quite some time ago and all I have done is procrastinate. I took my kids to a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese thinking all the while that my weekend is ruined because I don't have a computer and what am I going to do about my pictures. I actually cried. When I returned home, I gave it one last try and still got the same message. My brother, who is quite computer savvy couldn't figure it out. Even after he tinkered around on the inside he still found nothing. So, I turned on the computer again and still same message. I then hit the magic keys . . .control, alt, delete . . .and . . .presto!!!!! I am now online again.

What did I learn from this????? That I need to burn my pictures ASAP (praying that my computer will reboot in the a.m.) and I am still a procrastinator . . . a tired one!!!! Good Night!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

WOW!I hope you get it all done!! I haven't started taking digital pics yet, so I know what I WILL be doing once I do! Hope you get it ALL fixed soon!!!! Its AMAZING how much we depened on these devices!!! I came home and couldn't check my email! LOL....imagine my horror!

6:33 AM  
Blogger Dawn Bibbs said...

WHWW!!! Been there done that. And I know, it is NO fun. But get this, my husband is a network analyst and KNOWS computers like the back of his hand. My issue was that my power supply was dead in the water. He showed NO urgency in getting it fixed for me. It took TWO WEEKS for my new power supply to come in. ARGH!!! A couple months prior, HIS power supply died. He ordered his and had it shipped next day...go figure. Anyway, glad you're back up and working.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home