Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I registered my Baby for school today!!!!!

Mommy: Pumpkin, we are going to see if you can go to ****** Elementary School.
DD: But, how are we going to my new school and I don't have a backpack or a new lunch box?
Mommy: You are not going to school today you won't start going until later.
DD: But, I'm bigger enough!
Mommy: Yes, you are, but it's not time for you to go, baby.
DD: But, I'm old enough!
Mommy: You are old enough, but you have to wait until school starts again. You know how you get to stay at home with mommy when its hot outside and we scrapbook and do school things?
DD: Yes, Ma'am. . .
Mommy: And then mommy tells you that I have to go back to work and what do you say?
DD: I don't want you to go back, I want you to stay home so that I can stay home with you.
Mommy: Well, that's when you will get to go to school and then Mommy will get you a new backpack and a new lunchbox. Okay?
DD: Okay, but will it be a Dora lunchbox?
Mommy: Of course, it will be, if we can find one.

This was how our conversation went today as we arrived at the school that my child has been talking about since her cousin started going to the school two years ago. She was so excited and didn't want to leave. All I can say is that it is going to be a very emotional day for me in August!!!!

Can you believe that I did not take a picture of her. Now, that I think about it, I could have taken a pic of her and the secretary who was absolutely wonderful. Oh, well, this will be a LO without a pic. HMMMM, time to get creative!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Toya said...

awww, how cute!
I'm sure she is soo excited about going to school

3:34 PM  
Blogger Dawn Bibbs said...

Don't you love those little conversations? Too sweet!
By the way, I see you're on a roll with this blog thing...keep up the good work. I'm glad to see you back.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Awwww, I will do that with my son this year...they grow up SO fast!

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home